Sunday, February 18, 2024

Let's write about finding our moment of clarity in meditation

A meditation published in Holy Moments, A handbok about th erest of yur life: by Matthew Kelly.

A moment of clarity:  When I was fifteen years old, I had a great spiritual mentor. I do not know how my life would have unfolded if I had not met him.  But, it is difficult for me to imagine that life wuld have been anywhere near as fruitful of rewarding as it has been.

Because, he encouraged me to read the Gospels.  He taught me how to pray.  He showed me how to care for the poor and visit the lonely.  He encouraged me to read great spiritual books.  He watched wthout judgement as I foolishly wrestled with God. He listened patiently to my questions, doubts, excuses and resistance.  And, perhaps most of all, he encouraged me to honor those sacred truths, that were emerging in my soul.  Somthing is missing, there is more to life, and you do have more to offer.

One of the fruits of this friendship was a moment of clarity so piercing that it has defined. my life.


I was walking home from meeting with him one day, when everything we had been discussing for months came together in a single clarifying thought.  Some moments are holy, some moments are unholy and our choices can guide a moment in either direction.

It was a rare moment of clarity in a chaotic and confusing world.  It was also a moment of intense joy.  I can still see myself walking down the street. I know exactly where I was in that moment of awakening.
Everything good in my life has been connected to that moment.  And, all the pain and disappointment I have caused myself and others has been the result of abandoning the wisdom that was revealed in that moment.  

It only took a moment in that moment I realized what was possible.  In that moment, I learned to collaborate with God and create Holy Moments.  It was a moment of grace like none other.  And, I have spent my life trying to help others to discover that same clarity and joy.  It is the only way I know to express my graitude for the infinate blessings that moment brought to my life.

It was a moment of awakening a moment of realization, a moment of discovery, a moment of clarity and a moment of pure unmitigated joy. It was a Holy Moment.

Now, it is your turn.  It is all of our turns.  This is our moment.  This is my moment.  The moment when we realize that despite what our lives have been up until now, and regardless of anything we have don in the past or what I have done in the past, what matters most is what you do next.  Let us meditate about how to choose to do good.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home